Multiple Tooth Implants – Bowie, MD
Quality Replacement Options for Strong & Complete Smiles
If you’re missing multiple teeth, you may be wondering about your replacement options. Unlike other medical conditions, dental issues will only get worse if left untreated. Missing teeth can lead to jawbone deterioration, shifting teeth, and even additional tooth loss. At Ambiance Dental Spa, we offer a variety of replacement solutions. However, dental implants are our primary option because they have functional and health benefits that you can’t get anywhere else. Keep reading to learn more about how we replace multiple teeth and why dental implants in Bowie should be your primary choice.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
We have 3 traditional replacement options:
- Crown & bridge: To replace between 1 and 3 teeth, we can create a custom-made prosthetic that is supported by a dental crown on either side. After removing a slight portion of the teeth surrounding the gap, we can place a dental bridge that literally “bridges” the space in your smile.
- Partial dentures: Partial dentures allow us to replace your missing teeth without removing any of your remaining healthy smile. These customized prosthetics fill in your smile like the missing pieces to a puzzle using prosthetic teeth attached to a gum colored base. They will be held in place using clasps that attach to your natural teeth.
- Full dentures: For those who are missing all or most of their teeth, full dentures can restore entire smiles all at once. A full denture is a gum colored base attached to prosthetic teeth, which rests on your gums. Full dentures use suction to stay in place, but you can also purchase denture adhesive for a sturdier fit.
The Dental Implant Process
To receive dental implants, you will first come into our office for a consultation. We will evaluate the condition of your oral health, the number of teeth you’re missing, and the density of your jawbone. Once we have determined that you’re a good candidate for this option, we will schedule your implant surgery. During surgery, small incisions will be made in your gums to access your bone. Once your implants are placed, we must let them heal for about 3 to 4 months. After they’ve completely integrated into your bone, you’ll come back into our office, where we will permanently place your custom-made restoration. While this process seems lengthy, it’s precisely why dental implants can last for a lifetime.
Benefits of Implant Retained Dental Prosthetics
While getting any type of replacement is better than none at all, dental implants bring our patients numerous unique advantages, including:
- Dental implants protect and preserve the health of your remaining teeth because they don’t require alteration for crowns or dentures.
- Dental implants are the only replacement that preserves the health of your jawbone after tooth loss.
- With proper care, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
- Restoring your tooth from the roots up, dental implants look and feel more like your natural smile than any other option.
- Implants are permanently placed in your jaw, so you won’t have to worry about removing them for cleaning.
- Unlike any other option, dental implants themselves can last for 30 years or even a lifetime with proper care.
Are you ready to take your first step towards a beautiful, strong, and complete set of teeth? Contact our office today to set up a consultation with one of our skilled and experienced dentists.